Multiple backup systems
We often get asked how we store data, how is it kept safe? These questions are answered in our GDPR section, but here is a brief explanation...
- When you click the 'Save' icon or exit the program, ReportComplete will attempt to send the data to Server 1.
- If, after a couple of retries, it can't send data to Server 1, it swaps and attempts to save the data to Server 2. It will stay with Server 2 unless it needs to swap back to Server 1 or the user restarts the program.
- The two server system means that we can perform maintenance on either server knowing that users can still save and access their work.
- Both Server 1 and Server 2 save to/load from the same database server. We can increase resources to any of the servers independently depending on how busy they are.
- Each night, a secure backup server make a full copy of the data contained within the database server.
- A compressed copy is made from the secure backup server as an additional secure offsite backup.
- Administrators can also make a GDPR backup of the school data for their own use.